If your body corporate or owners corporation allows for electronic voting at meetings, VoteMax can be used to cast your votes if no physical meeting is held or used to cast your votes prior to the meeting being held.
Your manager will set a time frame where votes can be cast, declared or amended prior to the meeting.
First things first, in order to access VoteMax, you will need to have a StrataMax Portal Account. If you do not have one, take a look at our Create a StrataMax Portal Account article to find instructions on how to create one.
Vote on a Motion
- Click the Cast Votes button to start casting your votes in VoteMax.
- In the Introduction screen, confirm your details and use the drop-down menu to select the Capacity in which your are representing this lot.
- Then click the Proceed button.
- Select your vote for the Motion by clicking the Yes, No, or Abstain buttons.
- If there are any attachments in the motions, they can be downloaded by clicking on their respective links.
- As you cast your vote for each motion, the numbered motion buttons at the top of the screen will change colour to green for Yes, red for No, or white with a blank outline for Abstain.
Vote on Motions with Alternatives
A Motion with Alternatives is where you must (1)vote Yes, No, or Abstain and then (2)vote for one other option. Voting No or Abstain will not require you to select one of the additional options.
Vote on Options Only
A Vote on Option Only Motion requires you to only vote on one of the options presented to you. Only one option can be chosen and as soon as you click the option, the screen will proceed to the next Motion.
When casting votes for a Committee Election, you must chose a Nomination for each Committee Position.
- Click the Details button next to the Nomination to display any additional information about the Nomination.
- Select an Nomination for each Position.
- Click the Proceed button.
Changing your Votes
You can change your votes at anytime as long as it is within the voting window period. Follow the below to change your vote.
- In the meeting information screen, click the Cast Votes button.
- Click the numbered button for the appropriate motion.
- Then click the Change button.
- Change your vote.
- Once you have changed all required votes, click the Declaration button.
Once you have voted on all the Motions, you will need to declare your votes.
- Tick the voting declaration tick box.
- Then click the Declare Votes button.
- The browser window will now return you to the Meeting list, and you will receive an email with a confirmation of the votes you have submitted.